They followed the footsteps of “Societas Batutorum” that already existed since 1457. Santa Croce had considerably more autonomy than the neighbouring parish church of San Giovanni. The church, subject to considerable restoration in the second half of the 18th century, offers an irregular rectangular shape, with five spans; the area corresponding to the last two spans, once separated from the nave by an imposing iron gate, correspond to the presbytery and the choir and was assigned only to the brotherhood. The façade is enriched by a portale with segmented frontal, a trifora “serliana”, two niches and an 18th century carved wooden door.
The interior of the building, now bare of its holy ornaments, belongs to the council and used for exhibitions or other cultural shows.