Art and Culture
Guided visit to the Church of Sant’Agostino
Guided tour of the Church of Sant’Agostino, from the 15th century and the nearby woods of Mount Piocchetto. It all begins with Father Agostino de Anna of Carignano who, having gone to Avigliana to do Lenten in the church of S. Giovanni Battista officiated by the Canons Regular of S. Bernardo of Menton in the year 1465, preaches there so effectively that the Municipality and the Blessed Amedeo IX of Savoy invited him to erect a convent next to the Church of the Misericordia on the edge of Mount Piocchetto, outside Avigliana. Visits at 10-12.30 and 15-18, meeting at the Polo Sanitario car park, in via S. Agostino.